Thursday, December 02, 2021

Shopping at Costco

We went to Costco today and bought some supplies on sale that we were running short of. Anna usually does the serious shopping and I check free samples. It takes two shopping carts for us. Anna uses hers to put stuff in and I use mine for a walker. Throughout the store we kept running into, or nearly running into a tall thin young man with white hair that was easy recognizable and his wife. I suppose he mentally noted that I had nothing in my shopping cart and Anna’s had lots in it. Getting in line to check out I simply walked away from my empty cart. Somebody near by will find a use for it, they always do, never have I returned to Costco and see the same cart in the same spot where I left it. The white headed man looked me straight in the eye and said, “You ready to go?” Damn. What did he mean by that? Should I have returned the cart or put it back in front where I got it? Then I realized he was talking to his wife. Not that it matters but we packed up and left. As we were leaving I saw the white headed man talking to a man in the sales section. Evidently his “car was not ready to go.”

No comments: