Monday, December 27, 2021

I like Santa

We have been watching the movie CHRISTMAS STORY by Jean Shepherd off and on today. I Googled Jean Shephard and it shows his living dates are from1921 to 1999. The story he wrote about a boy, probably about 10 or 11 who day dreams a lot, has a make believe relationships with odd unlikely people, wants a Red Ryder BB Gun for Christmas, that every adult tells him he will shoot his eye out, and so on. By his school adventures I would say he was about my age during that time, which would be being born about 1941. But no, he was born almost 20 years before, in 1921. I stand corrected. One of the things I found interesting and identifiable was the reoccurring kid in that had one statement that naturally ruins any further conversation. He is only reoccurring because the saw the movie several times today. It was “I like Santa Clause.” What more can you say? He put a cap on the conversatrion. I met people like that and I hate to say it, but I think I have been like that person more than once.

No comments: