Monday, December 06, 2021

Book Report on BLUEBEARD by Kurt Vonnegut

Book report on BLUEBEARD by Kurt Vonnegut. Years ago I read all of Kurt Vonnegut’s books up to a point. Then I took a break from his books for a couple of years. When I went back I bought BLUEBEARD. I just could not get into it. Either Vonnogut or I changed. I could not get into Vonnegut’s word rhythm of his mind. I put the book down. I also bought some mor Kurt Vonnegut’s books and put them down too. I supposed Kurt Vonnegut was over for me. Then about a week ago in the basement I came across Vonnegut’s BLUEBEARD and picked it up and read a few pages. We hit it off. I enjoyed what I read. Today I finished it. It is like listening to a little kid ramble and cannot stick the subject. He covered a wide range of all over globe over about 150 history making span. Wow. Now I am on the Vonnegut kick. We bought Kendal’s, DEADEYE DICK and that is what I am reading now. And then there three or four Vonnegut’s books downstairs bough and paid for – just not used yet. I plan to tackle them, systematically, of course. The only problem is I am 80 years old. People start dropping like apples starting about 80s years old. So, it is almost like a race to finish them all before I’m finished, so to speak.

No comments: