Friday, December 03, 2021

Just Add Hot Water

This morning I thought about the kids who live across the street. There are two teenage girls and one pre-teenage sons. I think all three are maybe blood related, maybe cousins, maybe not but I don’t want to get into that now. From my point of view it is complicated. The past few Halloweens we have bought a big bag of candy to give them, sort like a peace offering or “treats” so they will not “trick” us, which I think of as an investment. So, the past Halloween Eve morning I saw the preteenage boy out front of their house and carried the bag of candy out and gave to him. I explained we would not be answering the door that night, so here is theirs now. He nodded and said he is good judging people and he said he could tell I am a NSCAR man. I did not deny it, I only said, “I am?” I did not deny it because I wanted to get on the computer and look up to see what NSCAR is. I did, and I’m not. I turned to leave, walked across the street to my side and then he hollered for we to wait a minute. He ran inside and came out with a sack and handed to me. I thanked him and went home, opened the sack and here is what was in it: A couple of pop tarts and a box of dry macaroni and cheese “just add boiling water.” Really!

No comments: