Sunday, November 22, 2020

You Remember

 

I bet you remember what you were doing 57 years ago from today.  November 22, 1963 to be exact.

I do.

 I had just went back to Marietta, Georgia, got my car, and drove through the night back to the base in New Jersey.  I was so tired I had slight hallucinations.  Example:  As I rent around three giant 18 whelers thy suddenly turned into three giant elephants with their trunks wrapped around the tails of the two leading ones.

I got to the base and still had about 24 hours of leave left.  I was exhausted.  I went to the barracks, fell onto my bunk and slept.

Sometime in the early afternoon I was awaken by the ruckus of clomping feet and loud talking.  Everybody was excused for the rest of the day,

President John F. Kennedy had been assassinated!

No comments: