Monday, November 02, 2020

Harry and Harry Also





Brothers Harry and H.A. Hansen.

I took this photo at a Bell Reunion about 2012, give or take.

I have known Harry and H. A. almost all my life.  If I remember correctly when I was 4 or 5 years old, the Hanson family moved net to us in Clay Homes then we moved a couple years later.  H.A. died in May 2015 after spending several years as a convalescent at the Veteran’s Hospital din Milledgeville, Georgia.

H.A was the oldest and I think about a year younger than me.  I remember in early high school he studied the facial expressions  and body language of Elvis.  He became very good at it.  He pooched his upper lip out like Elvis, that snarl smile and all.  He told us he had a job singing at the Silver Slipper in Atlanta.  Who am I to say he didn’t? 

From the Clay Homes the Hansons moved to Austin Avenue,  at a sharp curve that jerked in and out

I heard H.A got the best of Coach Lundy in a boxing match in phys ed.

Harry is a body mechanic for the Ford dealer and likes to refurbish antique cars. 

H. A.’s first name was Harley.  They could  have said the H.A. stood for “Harry Also.” 

No comments: