Saturday, November 14, 2020

Book Report BEGINNER'S GOOD BYE by Anne Tyloer

 




Book Report:  THE BEGINNER’S GOODBYE by Anne Tyler

I think all of Anne Tyler books takes place in or near Baltimore.  I feel I could drive down the Bay Tunnel and know my way around pretty good.  Even go to my favorite crab house that I have never been to.

 

The story is about a guy, who recently lost his wife who was a doctor.  The house was hit by a storm and caved in on her.  I read the book because I heard his late wife kept coming back from the dead making appearances.  It was nothing like I thought.  She came back several times but it mostly to give her late husband advice or suggestions.  And I wasn’t actually sure it was really her or his imagination.  It was not like an episode of TOPPER, like I was hoping for.

The book was about a brother and sister who inherited a publishing company from their parents.  The kind of books they mostly published was sort of like “PHOTOGRAPHY FOR DUMMIES”  or other FOR DUMMIES books.  That is how the title came about.

Like other Anne Tyler books it was a people and interaction study.  Very interesting and good.

The Picture is of the TOPPER sitcom back in the 50s.


No comments: