Wednesday, November 11, 2020

HAPPY VETERAN'S DAY!

 





Ahoy there.  I eats my spinach!

Shanghai is not only a name of a city it is also what the action of snatching up people near the docks and putting them to work on ships.  Their incentive to do ship work was if they didn’t the would be thrown overboard.  Portland, Oregon, led the count on most people in the U.S. that was   Shangehaid. 

Here I am sailing aboard the USS NEWPORTS NEWS.  KAKAKAKA (that’s me imitating Popeye chuckling).  My work area where I was Shanghaid.  Nah I was just joshing you.

This post also has my friend Reuben a few seconds after or before my picture was taken.  We each took turns taking each other pictures.  Reuben me in August 1963 at Lakehurst, New Jersey, and have kept up with each other since.  He made a lifer’s career in the Navy retiring as a Warrant Officer, now living in Thailand. 

 

HAPPY VETERAN’S DAY!


No comments: