Saturday, June 14, 2014

a visit to ON THE BAYOU in Smyrna, Ga





We stumbled on information on a new New Orleans Cajun restaurant in Smyrna, ON THE BAYOU. "Seek and ye shall find!" I called and got directions and we paid them a visit today. I thought the food was very authentic and tasty; they played continuously Cajun and Zydeco music, and the cooks had Louisiana accents, what more do you want? If you are interested, it is on South Cobb Drive.

, near the Church Street Crossing, just north of the Concord Road crossing, next door to Chic-Fi-aux, which has spicy chicken too.





The Patio





Interior

Interior the other way


Gator Bites, better that we are doing the biting, not them.

Grilled Shimp - not as spicy

Gumbo Ya ya.  I am not sure what Ya Ya means, maybe chicken, or maybe sisterhood.


Jambalaya , which had big shrimp, little bitty shrimp, Anduie Sausage, chicken, shell fish, etc. I did not see a crawfish  pie but did see plenty plates full of crawfish.  I never got the hang of eating crawfish.  One times in New Orleans a native tried to show me,:  First you bite the head off then suck it out of its shell.... that was all I need to know to say, "No thanks!"



No comments: