Sunday, May 03, 2009

SUNDAY FUNNIES

I think I have a new get-rich-quick business plan… the odds are against me, about 50 to 1, I know it will be a long shot, but I think in the long run it will be a success.

I think next year I will stand put a big garbage can near the exit of the Derby and when the women toss those gaudy hats I will just swap garbage containers and the following year set up a little hat stand across the street nearest the entry of the Derby. I think I’ll be rich in about two minutes.

Derby always brings out some great human interest stories doesn’t it?

Since the horse racing mode has not quiet wore off yet I picked out of MAD Magazine #28, July 1956, a heart warming horse-racing story, illustrated by Jack Davis and probably written by Harvey Kurtzman – one of his last stories before he left MAD.

Click on each picture to get to full dramatic image.

No comments: