Friday, April 18, 2008

Chicago and Time postcard


This picture was taken about sunset. The picture was taken near the shore of Lake Michigan and Lincoln Park. If might have been taken from Oprah's property.

I remember Anna and I were in the observation level of the John Hancock building looking at the sunset and then looking about 90◦ to the right and seeing Lake Michigan and a brochure or something that pointed out points of interest from where we were at - and it pointed someplace up on the left of the Great Lake stating where Oprah's house (humble as it is) is.

So, I am wondering if the person taking this picture took it the same time I was taking his picture taking my picture and neither one of us can see the tiny little details, such as humans?

If so, then it is strange - even though the time of day and locations are right but because I bought the card probably the same day we were up high in the Hancock Building so, if our pictures do collide, so to speak, the other guy has to be in a time machine. Ahah!

It can be the only logical explanation.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Been there! Done that!

When I went to Chicago in October of 2001 I stayed at a hotel that looked very familiar to me, but I couldn’t figure out where. I went jogging on my last day there and passed a statue of Grant. It was then I realized I was in Grant Park. Just as I was getting ready to fly back to North Carolina, I went to a small area where they had a tiny museum for the Hotel. In there, they had pictures of kids going inside the hotel to get away from stick wielding cops and teargas. It was then I realized the Hotel was the scene of the 1968 Democratic Convention where all the kids got beat up.

From the windows above, McCarthy delegates threw ashtrays down at the cops.

Eddie said...

Steve,
I remember watching that on TV and all the young people chanting, "The Whole World Is Watching!"

And Mayor John Daily cursing at the demonstrators, which in turn, gave the riot control policemen the nod to beat the hell of them.

Si's blog said...

At least the photographer was not your doppelganger. Almost met mine a few years ago. Am still here so I obviously missed him.

Eddie said...

Thanks Si!
You supplied me my new word for today:
doppelganger.
I don't think I ever heard that word before.
I looked it up and it more or less means one ghostly counterpart.