Thursday, May 17, 2007

Aunt Annie


This is my great aunt Annie Tyson Crowder (1893-1979) as a teenager. She and my grandmother were sisters. The way she is holding those flowers she looks like a disenchanted teenager. She was born between Woodstock and Acworth in the area of Hwy 92 and Bells Ferry Road. She married Tom Crowder and they lived in the Fair Oaks area of Marietta. They had two children. One, a daughter, never married and her son was killed in WWII. Her son and his wife had a son named Terry which Annie had a great love for. Terry is one of those who only gets to see his birth date come around every four years. What day of what month was he born?

Terry and I were playmates in the 40s.

His mother remarried the heir of a big-name food company. And they moved away. I saw him at his aunt’s funeral in the 90s, and I am not sure he remembered me, although we played together almost every day for a couple of years.

Somebody ought to write an article about me in The Reader’s Digest under the title, “The Most Forgettable Character I Have Ever Met.”

2 comments:

kenju said...

That's a great old photo, Eddie. She ias such a mad look on her face (esp. when I enlarged it). It reminds me of the pics my mom took of me on the day of my college graduation. She made me get out of bed early in the day and dress in my cap and gown. All I wanted to do was sleep, so I frowned and grimaced in every photo!

Eddie said...

Judy,
You showed them!