Monday, May 14, 2007

Who Is Going To Feed the Hogs?


One time years ago we bought a record album (yes, an LP) of Charlie Rich BEHIND CLOSED DOORS.

BEHIND CLOSED DOORS was the key song on the album but there were other songs we were introduced to which were also good, but just didn’t make the big time.

One song was “Who Is Gong To Feed My Hogs?” It is about the Charlie, being laid up in the hospital had a roommate that wasn’t so much concerned about himself as much as concerned with who was going to feed his hogs.

I know how he feels, in a way. I don’t have any hogs, but I do take feeding the birds and the little furry critters seriously.

We will be gone, so there will not be any bird seed, spicy sunflower seed, corn cracklings, Indian corn, safflower seed, raw peanuts, suet, or a blog postings for a few days.

I shall return.

6 comments:

kenju said...

Have a good trip, Eddie, and stay safe.

Michael Bains said...

Ditto, Kenju!

Anonymous said...

“Who Is Going To Feed My Hogs?”

Excuse me but I don't think CR ever recorded a song with this title. Have a nice vacation.

Suzanne said...

I'm eagerly awaiting your return!

Anonymous said...

take care, when you

get

behind

closed

doors.....

Eddie said...

All!
Thank you! I am back now.

Noami,
Thank you for reading my blog. It wasn't Charlie Rich huh? Well, it must be Tom T. Hall then. I get goes silver-haired country singers confused.