Thursday, May 24, 2007

Long Trip


This morning, as usual, I walked out to get the paper. I heard a series of honking. I realized the honking were coming from Canadian Geese someplace above me in the dark sky.

The sky was much darker than the picture I swiped from Google (above). To the east, above the trees the sky was lighter, but daylight was still over an hour away. I looked at my watch and it was 5:45am. I suppose they wanted to get an early start because of the long trip north ahead of them.

You might could say they were "early birds"! (one bang on the brass thing near the drum)


I got a million of 'em! Come back for more, y'hear?

6 comments:

cbish68 said...

What the flock were you doing up at that hour?

Eddie said...

Chris,
We wake up every ducking morning at 4:30, Anna has to be work at 6am.

Anonymous said...

I don't know why seeing those geese makes me feel melancholy...like some stupid bird is seeing more of the world that me...honk, honk.

Eddie said...

But Bird,
You have the advantage. Those geese can't dance to the music. They can only waddle and maybe shake their rear end.

Anonymous said...

ed,
that's really all i do, too.

Eddie said...

Bird,
I never saw a picture of a duck and felt like waddling.
The picture of you dancing in New Orleans, one can almost hear the music.