Thursday, December 28, 2006

The Louvre Out Visiting



Here are two works of art that we saw in the Louvre Exhibition at the High Art Museum in Atlanta. The one with the lady whispering in the bearded man’s ear is called SAINT MATTHEW AND THE ANGEL (1661) by Rembrandt Harmensz Van Rijn. The angel is suppose to be giving Saint Matthew words of inspiration. The other one is called THE FALL OF THE GIANTS (1620s) by Anonymous – which looks like insane men in Hell to me.

So, I always wondered what sort of person Anonymous is. I know he is the kind to slip comments on your blog to try to sell you something, but he can also draw giants or men in Hell.

I was impressed with both paintings and no I didn’t sneak taking pictures of them. The Saint Matthew is a post card we bought and the Fall of the Giants is October 2007 of the calendar we bought in the gift shop.

4 comments:

EHT said...

Hi! It would seem that "Anonymous" is one crazy dude. I'm so jealous that you've been to the High. I want to go before the Louve exhibit leaves.

Thanks for visiting my blog. I'm glad you found me. It's always nice to meet up with a fellow Georgian in the blogosphre.

I have a second blog called Georgia On My Mind where I'm trying to gather up as many Georgian bloggers as I can. I'm also attempting to host my first Georgia Bloggers Carnival next week. I'd love it if you could participate. The url is http://mymindisongeorgia.blogspot.com I've posted the email and directions about sending a submission for the carnival over there.

Feel free to explore the archives of History Is Elementary any time you want.:)

Eddie said...

Thanks!
I will check out "Georgia on my Mind". I found your site by swimming up stream from the Button Gwinnett blog, that old duelist, and I saw Georgia on My Mind, but after going to Elementary History... well, my mind didn't forgot about Ga On my... Thanks for reminding me.
I think the Louve present exhibit will be around for a about a year, then replaced by another Louve exhibit. You have plenty of time.

Eddie said...

Elementary, my dear teacher,
I goofed. It was your President's blog that I skipped over, not Georgia On my Mind.
I sort of surfed to all of your blogs - just all sorts of stuff is flowing out of your mind and you are harnessing it all in the from of blogs. Good for you!

Anonymous said...

Actually, part of the HIGH exhibit will be leaving in late January. I suggest you try to get there ASAP.