Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Carolyn's House Is Now A French Bakery

We gave one of our sons a gift certificate to a little French bakery and sandwich shop in Marietta.

He mentioned he has eaten there a few times and really appreciated it.

Before Christmas I paid the little bakery a visit to buy the gift certificate and I was impressed also. The food looked good, the table places were nice and cozy, and the two women who I think were the owners spoke with a French accent. While there I noticed a couple of the customers wanted to show off their French lingual skills and chatted to one or the other lady in French and they chatted right back.

About the only thing I know is “Oui” and “Oooo La La” so I decided I would not chat with them in French but talk to them in the universal language of cash money for a gift card, which they understood perfectly what I wanted.

The little French bakery occupies a house on Glover Street in Marietta. I spent from age 7 to age 14, living around the corner on Manget Street.. My friends lived up and down Glover Street.

In the house the French Bakery was in a girl I went to school with named Carolyn and her family lived.

Carolyn was tall and awkward and had no social skills. All the boys thought she was horrible and made her a joke. I felt sorry for her.

I hope Carolyn grew out of her awkward ugly duckling stage and developed into a swan and became a model and is now worth millions and never gives those idiot boys in her grammar school class a thought.

2 comments:

kenju said...

I hope she did too. I am tall, and as a kid I was teased about that and also for being skinny. It was not fun at all to be the butt of so many jokes.

Eddie said...

Judy,
I am short and stocky - how do you think we would look on dance floor?