Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Jennifer Finnigan or Mrs. Potato Head?


In 2005 there was a sitcom called "Committed" starring Jennifer Finnigan, who played a dizzy dame who lived in a NYC apartment and for some reason, Tom Poston, was a retired clown who lived in her closet.

I try to catch a lot of the “Law and Order” re-runs. Yesterday, on L&A “CI”, I think it was Jennifer who was the female whose husband was murdered – she looked 20 years older than what she normally is.

Lately I have seen Jennifer Finnigan in commercials playing the sweet innocent housewife, attorney and victims on the various Law & Orders, and other parts. In each role she looked completely different from any of other roles.

She has definitely not been typed-cast. On TV and you see her playing one type, later see her in a commercial, and maybe the next day or two see her play a whacko character and never know it is the same actress. It is her acting and whoever does her makeup. She sort of reminds me of Mrs. Potato Head.. change the lips, nose, and in this case a wig and whamo! A new character.

I wouldn’t doubt if she is the actress that has been seen the most by the TV audience as a whole – and they still don’t recognize her.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Ed, I always loved Tom Poston...him and Bob Newhart were two of my faves...

Eddie said...

Bird,
Yeah, I remember Tom Poston and Bob Newhart.
I also remember him as the man-on-the-street interviewee on the first Tongiht Show with Steve Allen - that is when I first saw him.

Suzanne said...

I love Tom Poston too, but that show with Finnigan was an abomination!

Eddie said...

Suzanne,
Hoorah! I haven't been awake 5 minutes yet and already my new-learn-a-word-day is presented to me. Now, to look up the word abomination.