Saturday, December 23, 2006

1776 by David McCullough


I just finished David McCullough’s “1776”.

I thought it was an excellent book. The book tells of many little known facts of the people involved with the American Revolution on both sides, which makes it doubly interesting.

I was somewhat disappointed at the end to discover it stopped at the end of 1776 when much more of the war was to be dealt with. But what did I expect? If you read a book called “2006” you don’t expect to continue into 2007 do you?

It tells of Washington’s defeats and his whip-ass feats.

The book looks in detail of the lives and personalities of George Washington, Nathaniel Greene, and Henry Knox so much that I feel like I personally know each of them.

I can almost see them do their dirty-bird dance after crossing the Delaware River and taking over Trenton, the day after Christmas, 1776, with George hip-hopping saying, “Who Da Man?” And generals Greene and Knox, saying, “You Da Man!”

Good book!

2 comments:

Carolyn said...

Merry Christmas to you and your famiy, Eddie! :)

Eddie said...

And Merry Christmas to you and your family Carolyn, and good luck in the Work-World!