Saturday, April 29, 2006

Concert Downtown




Yesterday evening we had dinner at the 3 Bears Cafe, which has an unusual menu, mostly low-in-fat items. We had sweet potato pancakes. We could have had an ostrich burger or a bison burger, or a bunch of other low fat kind of stuff. And they had a guitar strummer there too.

And after that we went to park located in the very central of downtown and in time got to enjoy a live beach-music concert.

It is always enjoyable to watch these people in their 60s and 70s get to rocking with the type of music they matured on. And it is enjoyable watching the younger yuppie generation popping their wind corks and looking modern and rich, and it also enjoyable watching the teenage generation walking around looking for a pickup or to be the pickupee.
Life in these United States.
And the song "Be Young - Be Happy" is playing in my head... why don't I remember the rest of the song?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

My wife makes sweettater pancakes that will melt your mouth!

I love those things....

Eddie said...

That reminds me of a book, or a series of books, my wife read about sweet potatos - I think the story takes place in southern Alabama.

Anonymous said...

What was the book called? BTW, she brought home sweet potato pie....

kenju said...

Because like the rest of us 60-70'agers, you can only remember bits and pieces!

Eddie said...

Judy,
I'm suprised I remembered that much!