Friday, April 14, 2006

Another Waiting Room

Another reading session in another waiting room for about four hours.
I mostly read, but I did notice a few things around me.
Fox News is about the worse formatted news in the TV broadcasting business. Now, I see why Dick Cheney won't watch anything but Fox News.

Near me were two men, probably in their late 50s or early 60s. One of the men was fascinated with a thick coffee-table book of movie collectibles. At times he would point things out to his friend and tell him how much it is worth these days. Mostly when I glanced when he was pointing out would be what looked like a frame of Disney cartoons.

Then he pointed out a upright piano, telling his friend it was the movie Casablanca and is now worth $300,000. They both agreed that was a great movie. Well, I thought, two chats who are liberal arts fans. Then one of them said, "Clark Gable gave his finest performance in that movie."
Clark Gable?
I should have butted in and said, "Yeah, and Humphrey Bogart did a great job playing one of the 3 Stooges too!"
But I didn't. It is not me to meddle.

Anyway, the thought occurred to me that it might be a private joke between them, to see if there were any takers.

The guy that possessed the artsy book had on shorts, black socks, and dress shoes. His legs were white and hairless. Which reminded me of a man who eats breakfasts at the same place we sometimes do and he wear shorts, black socks, and dress shoes and his legs are white and hairless. I wonder if there is some kind of correlation?

A young man and his wife were there. I think the man was waiting to go under the knife because he was filling out paper work. He, I didn't pay much attention to, but his wife had on a low-cut blouse that the top cupped each boob partially, probably 3/4 of each boob was exposed to any eyes in the waiting room - which they certainly got my attention - I wasn't looking around to see if it got anybody else's attention or not.

Anna's lady gyn materialized in front of me and sat down. It was kind of surprising because I am not a memorable person. People look through me, not even knowing I am there, and instantly forgotten when I am out of their focus, and I only met her once, so I expected her to call for Mr.Hunter and look around. But she didn't, she picked me out of a crowd and came right up. She is tall, graceful, pretty like Gina Davis, and very laid back. She told me the operation went fine and she said it didn't think there would be anything found with the biopsy.

Good.

3 comments:

kenju said...

Good! I was hoping that you'd be able to say that.

Eddie said...

Thanks.

Suzanne said...

I am also happy to hear that.