Wednesday, April 19, 2006

A Senior Moment

Yesterday evening I had dinner ready early. We ate as soon as Anna came home.

The purpose of the early dinner is that I had plans going to the Cobb County Genealogical Society meeting that evening. I don't go to all the meetings, just the ones that they promise an interesting subject.

This month's subject: Indian Trails in Cobb County and the speaker was to be a doctor somebody who did a lot of research in the matter.

So, after we finished eating I drove seven miles to downtown Marietta to the Central Library. The meetings are scheduled to start at 7:00, I wanted to get there at least 30 minutes early so I could look over their CDs and also piddle in their genealogical room.

So, as I walked into the door that you have to press a square thing to make them open easier I looked at my watch and it was 6:30. Perfect! Then I also noticed the date on my watch. It said the 18th. The Cobb County Genealogical Society meets at the Central Library the 4th Tuesday of the month, not the 3rd.

Shit.

A senior moment? Probably. But also I would like to, just like our President would do, in a mistake like this, point the blame someplace else.

Up until two months ago I always received my email newsletter from the Cobb County Genealogical Society newsletter on Thursday, before the next Tuesday's meeting. But last month it came two weeks before the meeting Tuesday - I caught that one. But this month I am a month older.

Oh well, no harm done, except my gas burned, which if converted to money could probably feed a family of 9 for two months in a 3rd world country.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I had one of those yesterday. I briefly forgot my street address....Its been a long two weeks.

Eddie said...

Yes, you have a draining 2 weeks. That is a terrible thing one has to do, is to bury their own parents, but also it is the natural order of things.
I cannot imagine the hell my father-in-law had to live through, each of his 3 sons died before he did.

Anonymous said...

I dont even want to think about my son going before me.

Eddie said...

me neither.