Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Earl Hickey and Silent Bob

I noticed some kind of TV blip that went by before I realized it but it looks like Jay and Silent Bob (Clerks) will have another movie coming out soon. In the upcoming movie Ethan Suplee (Randy Hickey in "My Name Is Earl" sitcom) was shown in the blip with Jay and Silent Bob.

I mentioned it to my son and he told me that Jason Lee (Earl Hickey) has been in almost all, if not all, of Kelvin Smith's movies.

So, to refresh, or update myself, I am in training for the next Kelvin Smith, aka Silent Bob, movie. I am reviewing my Kelvin Smith collection while I walk on the treadmill each day. Today I got through a big part of "Dogma" and sure 'nuff Jason Lee is in it. He plays an agent from Hell, the neat looking guy in the white suit - which threw me off, because I have type-cast him as a laid-back sloppy looking guy that

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw "MY Name is earl" at my Mother-In-Laws during our recent unfortunate trip to Mississippi, and it is funny you should mention it, because i normally hate sitcoms.

That's not true.

I always hate sitcoms, at leats since the last decent one "Friends" and that one was an exception...

Ok, back to what i was saying- I liked the "earl" show and actually thought it was clever.

Eddie said...

Steve,
I think it is almost Shakepearian (if that is a word).
I forgot if it is Hamlet or Macbeth that the 3 Witches sees all, and make worldly universal comments... well, think of the witches as the Spanish girl Catalina.
And of course it also deals in what us mortal souls do so well - GREED.
What are you doing home so early?

Anonymous said...

Well, Mom died the week before Spring Break, so I took last week off and then I got this one off to.

I will be getting up the Mountain to work tomorrow or the next day...

even though i dont have to be back till next Monday.

Suzanne said...

I do love Kevin Smith movies, although I think he has gone astray in recent years. Hopefully, Jay and Silent Bob will bring the joy back into his flicks. (I loved "Clerks." It is such a quotable movie, and almost nothing that he has subsequently done has reached its greatness.)

Eddie said...

Didn't Kelvin do Jersey Girl?
I didn't think that was too good.

Suzanne said...

Yeah, that is one of the movies I meant!

Eddie said...

I agree, you can't beat the dialog in "Clerks".
Was that before or after Clinton and Monicle Lewensky's "moment" in history?

Eddie said...

I agree, you can't beat the dialog in "Clerks".
Was that before or after Clinton and Monicle Lewensky's "moment" in history?

Eddie said...

Also, I forgot to mention -
I bought a few Jay and Silent Bob Comic books - of course it is written by Kelvin Smith but illustrated by somebody else. Pretty much the same story line as "Clerks" on the road.