Monday, April 17, 2006

Christms 1926 - Ho Ho


This is my mother-in-law's family and extended family. My mother-in-law is the little girl up front on the right holding a doll, and next to her is her brother. Another brother is in the middle row.

Her brother next to her went into the Marines during WWII and afterwards had a career with the Postal Service. He died within a few years. The little boy in the middle went into the Army, the Air Army, that is, and became a pilot. After the war he became a TWA pilot and now is retired. He, his wife, and my mother-in-law generally meet at a restaurant on most Sundays for dinner. There was one other daugther to reach adulthood and she became a banker and died about ten years ago. Two or three siblings died as babies.

Have you ever noticed with old pictures you rarely see people smile? I doubt if the photographer told every body to say "cheeeese!" on the court of three.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I once heard that it became unfashionable to smile because of the length of time it took to take the pics. Who knows?

It’s a great picture. I am glad I stole your idea about getting photos up of old pictures.

Eddie said...

Pictures are great. They are meant to be shared.
I'm glad you decided to show your pictures also...
When someone gives me an idea that I use, I don't say I stole from them, I say they "inspired" me... then there is no repercussions.
(me tapping my forefinger on my forehead temple) You always need to look out for number one.