Tuesday, April 18, 2006

It Only Hurts When I Laugh

Daily for several weeks now I have walked on the treadmill about 45 minutes, while walking working up the incline at .5 a time until it gets to 4.0. Which pretty much gets me all sweaty. Then would I run on it for about 15 minutes with a lower incline.

I use a lower incline because while running I keep an eye on the heart monitor and know it is not wise to go over 130. And the steeper the incline the most likely it will climb quickly over 130.

So, usually while running the pie-safe door pops opened by the whole den room vibrating. We decided that maybe I should quit running on the treadmill until the walls underneath the den are made to give it more support. Now, it is supported by about 6 or 8 big metal poles and we suspect the poles are corroding.

So, my plan has been revised is to first walk on the treadmill like I have been, then while hyped up and covered with sweat go outside and run.

Which my first day of running outside in a long time was Saturday.

What I had not considered is the hilly area we live in. You are either going down hill or up hill. And the incline of the hilly area is steeper than what I have been pampering myself with on the treadmill.

Sunday and since my thigh leg muscles are very tight and sore. It is painful to walk up and down the stairs to the basement.

No, I am not going to lick my wounds.

7 comments:

gerbil said...

Your shaming me....i need to go and start runnning again

Eddie said...

If you do, take it easy at first and increase in slightly each time.
I had a hear attack running in February 2002.
Ironically, I had it in front of the Post Office I retired at, two years before.
It sounds like a good making of a good horror story, to be a road-kill in front of where you retired.

Eddie said...

I forgot to say that I feel better now. I went to the county heated indoor pool and swimmed and simmered a while in what could be called human soup, with all the human fragments I'm sure is floating around, tiny little human particles such as skin, spit, and no telling what else.... but it did the trick. My thighs no longer hurt.

Suzanne said...

Please be careful and do not overdo it!

Eddie said...

Duzanne,
When I exercise a strenious way like running I wear a heart monitor. And when it shows my rate getting near the danger zone I slow down.

Carolyn said...

Not going to lick your wounds? Now I bet you would if you could, right?

;D

Eddie said...

Carolyn,
Maybe if I was a woman.