Monday, June 03, 2024

Squirrel Nut Zippers Reincarnated

 


Our son Adam told us he and his mate Savvy went to a concert to hear SQUIRREL NUT ZIPPERS Saturday night.  Squirrel Nut Zippers.  Wow!  I remember them.  I forgot them, but with Adam mentioning their name made me light up. Maybe my eye sparkled.  Their music was/ is very jazzy and fast faced.  I thought of the Roaring 20s with all the male musicians wearing zoot suits and the ladies wearing flimsy dresses.

I am almost 83.  If the band members are the original band members they are probably in their late 80s or even 90s.  WOW!  Again.

Out of curiosity I went to Pandora and searched.  Yep, they are listed, but they are listed by song.  I clicked on one and first you have to watch a commercial before you listen to their music.  I drummed my fingers on that.  I am very frugal.  So, is a minute or so worth my time?  Finally, I said, “You only live once, what the heck!”

And watched the commercial and listened to their music. 

Wow!  Just as fast and jivy as I remembered.

However I googled them and they look a generation or two younger then me.

I think they replaced themselves!


No comments: