Wednesday, June 26, 2024

Observing the Outside, on the road

 

We visit my two late sisters’ home two or three times  weekly to sort stuff and donate stuff.  We live in East Cobb and they lived in West Cobb.  I measured it once and is a 13 miles one-way trip.

Driving the same roue often I saw some interesting stuff.

Like for instance at the ramp of the I-75 and Barrett Parkway Northbound there are always between two and five abandoned grocery carts.  It is about the same on the other side at the south bound ramp.  

I suppose the homeless have to move about too, and the shopping carts help with their stability. 

 

On the street my sisters lived about half-way down beside the driveway is a little outside den.  There are four chairs, and an  iron fire pot  for flickering flames, like a fireplace.  Then there is a make-shift wood wall. Overhead in the small area are  about a dozen small naked clear light bulbs.

Is it for family members only?  Or is it for neighbors to stop and talk about what kind of day they have had?

Or is it a neighborhood gossip center and  hold sort of a Kangaroo Court?

No comments: