Saturday, August 27, 2022

Posted 9 Years Ago on Voiding.

New Old Word for the Day: VOID. This morning I went to a Urology group to have my urine flow measured. The rate of flow and then was checked on how much urine was left after I quit urinating. I was to drink 40 + ounces of water before I reported, which I did. The instructions me not to void until the procedure started. VOID? That is a new meaning to an old word. To VOID means to piss. So when you turn in some kind of request and some administrator stamps VOID on your application, he or she is saying "Piss on it!" The nurse put me in a bathroom and told me instead of emptying my bladder into the toilet, I should aim for the big funnel she pointed out. At the small end of the funnel was a little gadget that measured the pressure of the liquid (voidance?). When I started a graft begin to print at the same time. If I peed hard the graft line would go up a little hump then back down. I made a few little humps. When I quit peeing the printer quit printing the line. I wonder if I gave it the "ending shake" would it record that too? Like putting a period mark at end of a report. Later the nurse told me ideally my line I printed would look like the semi-circle like a rainbow.....up, up, and then down, down, then stop where the pot of gold would be. Afterwards they checked the contents of my kidneys and I left probably over 10 or 12 ounces. There will be more tests to find out what the problem is and how to solve it. As soon as we left the doctor's I had a strong urge to VOID. The rest of the day I wanted to VOID. While standing in the men's room while VOIDING I think I could have VOIDED up the side of the wall to the ceiling if I aimed right.

No comments: