Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Patricia Whiten, Horrified

This photo of Patricia Whiten was taken in 2009 at the meeting to decide if we were going to have an annual Varner Reunion. Patricia died just a couple of years after that. I’m sorry I do not have the date. Back in the summer of 1958, give or take, I had to so to Summer School, in order to advance to the next grade in high school. So did Patricia. I gave her a ride every day. All us summer school students horsed around more than we should. We chased each other in our cars, making squealing turns, and squealing brakes and so, you get the idea. One morning on Polk Street behind the Mountain View Cemetery I was chasing someone, I forgot who, and suddenly the person stopped. I slammed on my brakes and the car I was driving spun around. But I got it under control. Then, stopped, I let outa big “WHEW!” Patricia looked horrified. She let out a string of curse words chewing me out that went on and on. I deserved every word she threw at me. Then we were friends again, within a minute afterwards.

No comments: