Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Far Eastern Indians and Coupons

I frown upon profiling. I think it does more harm than good. However, having said that, sometimes I just cannot help myself. Over the years I have felt that Indians (Eastern) independent business owners hate coupons. I got the idea that they are so honest they believe in a honest days work should be paid equally. You get what you work for, no freebies. It goes along with their frugal life style. I remember once I was in a yogurt store and the owner just accepted a coupon from a couple of teenagers . After they left to me he started fussing about coupons and everybody had coupons, trying to get more than they paid for, bla bla bla bla. Then I ordered and poured out the yogurt he smiling told me the price and I presented him with a coupon. His smile froze. Recently, we accidentally picked up a free magazine named PARDES. We didn't accidentally pick up the magazine, we intentlually picked it because it was free. The accidentally part was that it was an INDIAN magazine - Far Eastern Indians. The magazine is full of stories and recopies that would appeal to the Indians. There are also ads that would appeal to them. One is a full page ad on PUNJAB Restaurant. It has a 15% coupon. When I saw it had a coupon I let out a big HEE - HAW!

No comments: