Friday, August 19, 2022

Everybody Has a Name (also a number)

Today, I walked into the waiting room. Anna already had a seat, I had to park the car. So, with socially distantly rule I decided to sit on the other side of the room. Before I could sat down Anna said, “Eddie, sit here!” She pointed to an empty seat beside a man. He said, something like, “Sure, sit here, another “Eddie” won’t matter.” As I sat down I said, “So, you are Eddie too?” He smiled. I said, “My real name is “Edwin.” He glanced with a polite smile, like saying, “So?” It look like he silently thought “Enough is enough.” I decided not to give him a brief summary was why I was Eddie. But if you got the time I’ll tell you. My grandmother Minnie Tyson Hunter was named Ed Tyson. He fought in WWI. My daddy was named after him and then I was named after Daddy. Daddy was Edwin Sr. And I am Edwin Jr. Daddy went by “Ed” and I go by “Eddie” . But getting back to Ed Tyson, the WWI great uncle, his real name was Edward Tyson. So, when naming Ed after Ed, somebody made a mistake when putting it down on paper. Another nickname I have is “Rock” but that is another story.

No comments: