Saturday, June 11, 2022

SUNDAY FUNNIES!! EC Comics'' ACES HIGH's The Flying Tigers. Hey! One is my distant cousin

The first section tells how a Flying Tiger pilot is related to us Tysons of Cobb and Cheokee County, Georgia, so here is a reprint out of Chicken-fat.com.
This s the Year of the Year of the Tiger, according to Chinese beliefs. I was just toying with the this is the Year of the Tiger when I thought of the Flying Tigers in WWII. I always thought of the independent flying force THE BLACKHAWKS in the comicbooks. They were eccentric and comical bunch until they were needed to whip some asses at some International crisis then they get orderly and systematically. I thought of the Flying Tigers were like that. Heroes of the sky. One of my distant Tyson relatives Orlando W. Wood was a Flying Tiger pilot. We and my Hunter first cousins are descended from Eugene F. Tyson. In my quick mini Google research I saw that the Flying Tigers caused havoc in China. The second part is copied and pasted from originally an EC comic ACES HIGH, which I copied and pasted and already published on Chicken-fat.com, so here we go again: Just a week or so ago I said one of my Tyson relatives, Col Orlando Waller Wood was in the famous FLYING TIGERS. flying unit in World War II. Then, while flipping through EC Comics ACES HIGH I came across a story about the FLYING TIGERS illustrated by Wally Wood. It was published in the 1950s. Here it is: Cover by George Evans Story Art by Wallace Wood click on each page to enlarge it to read the balloons and see what is going on.

No comments: