Wednesday, June 29, 2022

Seeing Cousins, 7 Years Ago

I went to the funeral of my first cousin, once removed, Billy Tyson yesterday. Many people knew Billy and his garage and body shop on Hwy 92 at the Wade Green Road intersection. Billy's father, Will Tyson is a brother to my grandmother Minnie Tyson Hunter. Also, when I mention I am a Tyson relative (my middle name) a lot of people ask me if I am related to Donald Tyson. Yes, also first cousin, once removed. His father Ed, is my grandmother Minnie's other brother. Donald is still into car racing and restoring cars. He was a house builder and then became a real estate salesman... but he told me he gave that up because he lost his hearing. I guess you need to talk and listen a lot to sale real estate. He is in some kind of hall of fame for restoring a certain type car. Here is a picture of Donald Tyson and his two sons.

No comments: