Monday, June 13, 2022

Mail Bounced Around

We just voted by absenteeism, by mail. I shutter to think about another time I voted by mail 30 or years ago I worked at the Sprayberry Post Office in Marietta. About a week before the election I mail my ballot in. About two weeks after the deadline I received my ballot back, “Return to Sender – Received After Deadline.” Well shoot! Its destination was downtown Marietta. About 7 miles from where I mailed it. I’m sure it was in the manual processing. The mail coming from other branches in Marietta are sometimes a pain and the butt to work. It is usually “Nixie” type mail, hard to comprehend the address, so a letter is passed around to various branches, like “Any guesses??” I think my ballot ended up in in the tray that was worded without saying, “Any Guesses? So, it and its peers were put off and put off.

No comments: