Saturday, April 09, 2022

SUNDAY FUNNIES!! Taxes and Sammy Smoot by Skip Williamson

The cartoon Sammy Smoot was created by the late Skip Williamson. Back around the year 2000, give or take, Skip moved to Marietta along with his wife Harriet and twin daughters. I read someplace that they have moved to Marietta and called and introduced myself. Skip invited me over for a beer. He bought the house and property, which included a garage from my ex postal boss Stan. As a part time income Stan had a body shop in his garage. Stan had made the lightening ideal light for painting cars, and it so happens, the right lightning for a cartoonist also. I enjoyed a couple of years with Skip and drinking his beer. Then they moved on and he died. I don’t know how he died. Since it is that time of year, tax time, this is Skip Williamson’s cartoon starring Sammy Smoot about taxes. The photo is me and Skip Williamson in front of his garage converted into a studio.

No comments: