Thursday, April 28, 2022

HAPPY NATIONAL SUPER HERO DAY!

My baby sister died this morning and normally under such I would not have anytrhing today, but since I made the below a few days ago, for today, why waste it at the last minute? Or, as they say in show business, "The show musr go on!" Speaking of Super Heroes, remember Mighty Mouse? Before TV was out I was a fan of Mighty Mouse, probably when I was about 5 and lived in the Clay Homes. I either saw Might Mouse in comic books or on the big screen in the Strand Theater. I tied a towel around my neck, which became my cape and jump from my bed to my sister’s grave. In flight that brief moment my arms and hands were pointing ahead, just like Mighty Mouse. On one of my flights something went wrong. I missed the bed and hit a dresser between beds. My face hit the dresser head -on. It put a big gash on my eyebrow and forehead. I was rushed to the Old Hospital. In that time and place it meant we walked extra speed the 3 blocks away. I think it 4 stiches. To avoid shame of letting people know I was pretending to be Mighty Mouse, I told people I ran into a door. I might have been the first to use that excuse. I demand a royalty!

No comments: