Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Little Batam Rooster Orders New Glasses


Not long ago I was sitting at a table at an Eye Clinic waiting to have my glasses adjusted. At the next table was a man who was placing an order for a new pair from his new prescription.

The man was short and small frame. He wore tightass Levis; I think he was proud of his shape. He also wore a toupee’ which didn’t quiet match his real hair texture further down his head…plus the part section of the toupee was a little too perfect.

His wife asked to have her glasses adjusted. The technician first sprayed the glasses, cleaned them, then left the area to make an adjustment. After the technician got out of sight the man scolded his wife “You don’t bring dirty caked on dirt glasses in and expect them to clean them.” I think he ruled that household.

When the technician was placing the man’s order she was on the computer and asked his date of birth. The year was 1943. 1943? He is only two years younger than I am. He is about 67. I thought he was much younger. I suppose his vanity paid off.

While discussing his needs for his new glasses he said he often wears a helmet. He needed a pair of glasses that it would be OK to wear a helmet with. She asked what kind of helmet. He said a bikers helmet, he did a lot of dirt bike riding.

A lot of dirt bike riding at 67 years old! My my! What would be his next surprise? Another technician called my name from the clipboard. I had to abandon my voyeurism.

4 comments:

kenju said...

Is he your new role model, Eddie?

Eddie said...

Judy,

Nooo. It is hard for me to hice my ass at that angle aiming up.

G said...

Couldn't you have fabricated a good ending instead of leaving everyone hanging :)

Eddie said...

G,
I should have asked the rooster for a good ending. I think he was always fabricating his own story.