Monday, December 07, 2009

What Were You Doing 68 Years Ago?

(as you know I have ran out of picture space. I have an order in to increase my picture memory to 20 GB, which they say might take up to 24 hours, so in the meantime I need your help to build the image I intended for this spot: Two pictures: (1) Japanese airplanes flying over Pearl Harbor shooting and bombings and the USS Arizona sinking; (2) me as a 4 and half months old baby lying in bed cooing with snot all over my face).

Or were you alive then?

I was alive but I was only 4.5 months old. I thought I had more serious matters to attend to: cry when I was hungry; cry when something hurt; and cry when I was sleepy. What more more important did the world have to do but to tend to my wants and needs?

10 comments:

PR said...

ROCK,
THE YEAR 1941 WAS A MOST IMPORTANT YEAR IN MAERICAN HISTORY. HOWEVER, WHEN THE ROCK CAME ALONG, EVERYTHING CHANGED IN THE LIVES OF MAYRETTANS, ALSO.60 + YEARS OF FRIENDSHIP AND ALL THAT FOLLOWED. HAPPY ROCK DAY.
PR

PR said...

UH, THAT WOULD BE SPELLED A-M-E-R-I-C-A-N, PLEASE.
PR

kenju said...

I was born in October 1940, so yes, I was around.

Eddie said...

PR,
Happy Rock Day? See Rock City!

Judy,

If that didn't already know better, I would say you were fibbing, and you were born after the Korean War - wait! There is no end of the Korean War. If I understand correctly, the ending of the Korean War has never been formalized.

Nell Jean said...

As my then pre-adolescent son said when the advertisement for American Graffiti came on and the question was, 'Where were you in 1962?'

Makin' plans.

Eddie said...

Nell,

I'm still making plans but they always full through!

G said...

Also, I'm glad to see PR. Was beginning to worry.

Eddie said...

Geri,
PR is still kicking, just a little lopsided. In fact, we met for lunch at Brandi's Famous Hotdogs today.

G said...

I think it's worth a trip back to
Mayetta just to have a Brandi's hotdog. Makes my mouth water when you and PR talk about them.

By the way, Eddie, 68 years ago I was nearly a year old and on my own :)

Eddie said...

Geri,

Less than a year and on your own? Tell me anything and I will believe it Geri. The me the Moon is really shape like a cube and I will believe you until someone proves you wrong - Wait! They don't have to, they can just tell me the earth is shaped like a sphere and then I will believe that again.