Monday, December 28, 2009

Ronnie Howren

Ronnie Howren - Another MHS and Waterman Street Grammar School alumni has passed on.

I went from about the 1st or 2nd grade through to the 8th grade with his brother Gresham. Ronnie was a couple of years younger. And from time to time had dealings with their mother the late Mrs. Howren (she was a school teacher at Waterman). Back then I knew the family fairly well. They lived on West Dixie Avenue only three or four blocks from where I lived.

I have not seen Ronnie in over 50 years. We have probably walked right by each other at events in Marietta and did not recognize each other, so I can't say anything about what a fine person he developed into but I'm sure he did. At a younger age I remember him as determined. I'm sure he did well in life.

Below is a note emailed to his brother's Gresham's 1959 classmates telling places and times for his visitation and services:

Gresham's wife Lydia asked that I let you know that Gresham's brother Ronnie Howren had passed away. Ronnie had been ill for some time and had recently been moved to hospice.

The visitation will be at Mayes Ward Dobbins funeral home on Tuesday December 29 from noon till 2 p.m. with the memorial service to follow at 2 p.m. at MWD.

No comments: