Tuesday, September 08, 2009

A GOP’s (Good Old People) Meeting in 2011.



More and more people were invited to the Good Old People Eating Meeting. And the new people invited people, who were soon inviting more new people.

And it was just a matter of math: There were not enough tables for everybody to sit and eat. Then we had to go to Mayor Thunder Tumlin and ask for more space, it was favor calling-in time. After all, Thunder did break bread with us - not that we would want special treatment or anything...

The downtown merchants loved the idea until they discovered we were mostly a thrifty bunch of old farts.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROCK THANKS A MILLION FOR THE PICTURE OF WAYNE "PUCIOUS"
CROFT. MY HEART IS AFLUTTER NOW .HE IS SUPPOSED TO COME TO THE GOBAGS BBQ SOME DAY. HUH! WE STILL HAVE THE ULTRA SIZED RAT SKAT SHIRT WE PURCHASED FOR HIM IN APRIL.I WAS GONE FOR 3 DAYS AND JUST NOW AM CATCHING UP ON CF.SEE YOU AT 4PM

PR

Johnny said...

Is that Flybait and Eightball's big brother?

Anonymous said...

JOHNNY,
FLYBAIT, EIGHTBALL, PUCIOUS, AND HADACOL. HADACOL HIM SOMETHING, HIS MAMA SAID.YOU AND I USED TO PLAY POKER AT RANDY CAIL'S HOUSE.

PR

Eddie said...

Paul,
So, he said. He also said he was would be at the Varner's reunion. (I am looking at my watch), maybe he is running late.

That is the 2nd time I heard of Johnny playing poker - and the second time probably was for money too!

Johnny said...

PR, every Saturday night till the sun came up. Then we were too drunk to go home. Those were to good ol days. Well I thought they were good. Now is better.

Anonymous said...

JOHNNY, I ALWAYS STAYED SOBER SO I COULD SEE WHO WAS TAKING MY MONEY.
ROCK, I PRO--PRO--PROM-PROMISE HE WILL BE AT ONE OF THE GOBAGS BBQ.
PR