Sunday, February 03, 2008

Super Bowl Talk Here!


Happy Super Bowl Sunday!

I think I heard that today is the either the 2nd or 3rd largest eating day only being beat out by Thanksgiving and Christmas.

I haven’t read this fact so cannot use a source, but I bet it is the number one day for eating finger and junk foods; like pizza, wings, etc. And it is probably the biggest single beer drinking day also. Uncle John’s Pizza hired more people for today.

Also, I would reckon this is the day for more parties, except maybe New Years parties for the whole year…. Well, maybe close. If not, I know you can say this is the day there are more Super Bowl parties than any other time of the year – and I don’t even have a source to back me up…. Maybe I can just see all and know all… I dunno.

I heard all kinds of enormities of this day through the years… one time some big cities’ water authority people were afraid their systems sewage system could not take the dreaded commode flushes all at one time. I heard no actual problems.

I know of a Baptist church who was to have a musical recital of young the people this evening. The male members of the congregation pitched such a fit, they changed the time to 4pm.

Speaking of which, a few year years ago Mrs. Clayton, a mother of a large family that I grew up with died. They lived next door to us for years and years. The Claytons are backbone church members of Crestview Baptist Church. I went to pay my respects at the funeral home, which was on Super Bowl night. Only the immediate family members were there. I was half-way expecting to see some old friends I new from my Crestview days. Nope! They were home paying their respects to the Super Bowl.

The males – too keep up their masculine image – if they like football or not, will certainly be hooting, grunting, pulling the whistle rope, and so on.

Phonies!

I may be a phony but I have made myself pretend to other folks to follow football. I pick other venues to be phony in.

I like to watch the commercials during the Super Bowl game. The commercial making people give all they have and make top notch innovative commercials for today’s event – just like the football players involved – their careers are at top bloom today too.

The half-time production is always fantastic too. I wonder how many viewers and spectators of sitting there, hoping for another “Janet Jackson – Wardrobe – Malfunction”?

4 comments:

kenju said...

I don't even watch it for the commercials anymore. The other TV stations always show the commercials at some point, so I can see them then. I will be sitting in a hot tub at the health club today!

Eddie said...

Judy,
A hot tub sounds good. Enjoy! And don't blow any bubbles.

Suzanne said...

I know that I for one ate an enormous quantity of food while watching the Super Bowl. As a result, if I were in a hot tub right now, bubbles would be blowing.

Eddie said...

Suzanne,
You are giving a new meaning to "simmering".