Monday, November 19, 2007

The Movie Mr. Brooks


We rented the DVD MR. BROOKS. It is pretty good, pretty good – but maybe a little too bloody and violent.

In this movie, unlike most movies, the good guy kills people for his own pleasure.

Earl Brooks is Kevin Costner who is a successful business man… who has a little oddity - he loves to kill people. He will pick his target and learn all he can about the person or at times two people and picks the right moment and WHAMO!

For some unexplained (or maybe I just missed it) a ghost or a figment of his imagination played by William Hurt is his running buddy.

Tracking Mr. Brooks down is a sharp detective is played by Demi Moore, who is a millionaire’s daughter, but loves her job as a detective… she is going through a nasty divorce – which ads a little spice to the plot.

There are three more humans thrown into the plot to keep it interesting and unpredictable.

We enjoyed it, and we sat on the edge of our seats as people do when watching a good thriller.

5 comments:

kenju said...

I think I'd rather read the book, then I wouldn't have to see the blood and gore.

Eddie said...

I think the book will make a good read.

Carolyn said...

Hmmm... I should have seen this on Halloween ;)

Anonymous said...

i had a feeling Costner would make some kind of a comeback; plus it's interesting how Dane Cook went from stand up comedian to starring in a ton of major movies

Eddie said...

Patrick,
I am not sure I heard of Duane Cook until now.