Saturday, November 17, 2007

A Firm Handshake Could Mean a Lot

Did you know it was not until1867 that people used toilet paper? True. It was put on the market in 1867. My grandfather was born in 1879. My great grandfather lived a good portion of his life not knowing the pleasure of toilet paper.

Catalogs were not that plentiful before 1867 either. I wonder what they used? Leaves and corn cobs? I think I would think twice before shaking hands with someone.

And just think, in this modern society we whine if we have to open the restroom door from the inside without a paper towel to hold. Things could be worse.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

Seriously! Until the 1910s or even 20s, doctors used the same tools on one patient after another without cleaning them or even washing their hands.

Eddie said...

Suzanne,
When did they start doing that? Must be some kind of new mind set.