Tuesday, November 20, 2007

I have a new sports hero! Tom Glavine!



And I am not even a sports fan.

Tom pitched for the Braves for years. Then he played for the New York Mets for four years or so. The Mets were going to renew his contract for $13 million and he turned them down and decided to take a pay cut to return to the Braves.

He said he didn’t think he is worth $13,000. He had rather be close to home he said.

Good for him! I hope he is an expiration for other professional athletes. They do play for inflated salaries it seems.

Hoorah for Tom!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

If you'd seen him pitch on Sept. 30, you might not be so glad to have him. Oh, it was ugly. On the other hand, he's been very solid for the most part. No one was surprised that he turned the Mets down. He'll be missed up here.

Eddie said...

Suzanne,
I don't admire him for his sporting abilities.... I don't know what they are. I admire him for admitting he is not worth 13 millions bucks. How many other athletes do that?