Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Iotla Baptist Church, Macon County, NC



Here is another church cemetery in the Burningtown-Iotla section of Macon County, NC. A few of my Ray distant cousins are buried. The surrounding countryside is beautiful!




Alton Broadus Ray (Sept 20 1910 - Sept 5 1918) died 15 days before he his 18th birthday. According to my notes he died of a heart ailment. He is my 2nd cousin, once removed.




Hattie Lanore Baldwin is my 2nd cousin, once removed. Her parents were John Leander Baldwin and Georgia Allie Ray. Interesting, we are related to Georgia and John. Georgia through the Rays of course, and John through the Trammells.



Ray Swafford is my 3rd cousin. I don't know but I think the marker to the right is Ray's son. If I am right, Daniel Ray Swafford is my 3rd cousin, once removed.




Robert Glenn Ray, Jr. is my 3rd cousin.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know several people who have lived in the Burningtown area. The views are fantastic, aren't they?

Eddie said...

Steve,
You are right. Even the car junk yard in my Fouts Cemetery picture, which is just down the road is pretty - or at least not unsightly.

Unknown said...

ed, that cemetary is on the same road we used to live on in franklin, nc.

Eddie said...

Bird,
Same road? If I lived there, I think I would want to live on Whiskey Still Road which is one of the little small roads off that one.

Anonymous said...

That place was kind of bitter sweet. If you will, we were in limbo or purgatory before we moved to heaven in 2002. Only 11 miles, but Georgia is soooooo much better for our family.

Eddie said...

Steve,
I agree - Georgia is nice.