Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Iolta Methodist Church Cemetary, Macon Co, NC




The last cemetery on this blog was Iotla Baptist. Now, it is Iotla Methodist in Macon County, NC – just down the road. I was mildly surprised that only a few relatives were buried at Iotla Methodist. But again, it is a small cemetery.

Clarabell Barnard Fouts was wife of William Theodore Fouts (1878-1956). My data on him shows he is also buried here but I did not see his marker. Theodore is my 2nd cousin, once removed.





William and Clarabell’s daughter Astor Fouts lived only 17 years.




I don’t know if I am related to Norman Lynch Barnard (1851-1927) or not, I took the picture for future reference. With the last name of Barnard chances are he is related to Clarabell Barnard Fouts. Also, with the middle name Lynch he may be a descendant of my g-g-g-g grandmother Mary Zilphia Lynch Rhodes (Roads) Trammell. It is unclear if her first marriage was a guy name Lynch or Rhodes (Roads). I think she was a Cherokee Indian.

3 comments:

Deb Goodrich said...

These are beautiful images. Keep up the great work on the blog. The image of your Dad in the previous blog is priceless.

Eddie said...

Deb,
Thank you! You have some (many) beautiful pictures on your blogs too!

jaredrutledge said...

william theodore fouts is my great-grandfather, and clarabell barnard fouts was his first wife. he's not buried at iotla methodist but instead at iotla baptist with his second wife (my great grandmother) mary aldora rickman fouts.

obituary here:
http://www.carter-cousins.org/vickie/obits/Fo/fouts_wm.pdf

found this link via google