Friday, January 19, 2024

Needed Help

 We just read on Facebook of a homeless lady at a Dollar Tree. The writer was asking where could she take her. Somebody suggested to call the police, they would know and somebody else recommended MUST MINISTRIES, which specializes in the homeless.

It reminded me of a time in high school my friend Patsy Spinks and her parents moved temporarily to a big house on Cherokee Street near North Avenue until their real house could be corrected with whatever needed to be done. One day while Patsy was there alone a lady walked into the house. I don’t know why but Patsy called me to solve the intrusion problem. I rushed over and there stood the lady in question in the foyer. She told us she was the maid. We politely listened to her story of the family she took care of. What they like to eat, and on and on. I politely told her they moved, where was she? She said in the hospital. It was apparent she was senile and a long time before. That was before MUST, so we called the police. They could help her better than we could.

No comments: