Thursday, January 25, 2024

Me & Ruby Steele

 Jean Steel and her mother Ruby Steel at my parents 50th Anniversary. Ruby's and her husband Pete Steel owned and operated Steel's Grocery next to the Clay Homes. I could throw a rock from our apartment and shatter a window in their home in back of the store. I came close to almost doing just that. Actually I threw a hand full of gravel at the window of Jean and Helen steel's playhouse behind the house behind the store and breaking it.

I remember getting into trouble for doing it.
The other picture is a picture of Ruby visiting us in our apartment and I'm the dirty little kid beside her.
I wonder why she is visiting? Probably to collect for a broken window. I remember throwing a rock and breaking the window of her daughters' playhouse in the backyard. I was mad.





No comments: