Thursday, January 18, 2024

Mike Packard's and My Memory Tested

 In the 8th or 9th grade, about 1955 or 56 a bunch of us boys were talking about gun books. I don’t know why but as a general rule my peers loved gun books. We talked about many gun books available. at the Book Store.

A side note: Mr. Medford owned the Book Store. He is related to the Hunters, through the Tyson family.
Now back to all the gun books for sale at the Book Store had for sale.
Mike Packard suddenly said, “ Hey, did y’all knowThe Book Store has a lots of gun books?”
Sudden silence.
Someone said, something like, “Damn, Mike for the past 10 minute that is all we have been talking about, the gun books at the Book Store.”
Shortly after that Mike and his family moved to the west coast, his father was an engineer at Lockheed.
I wonder, if he is still living, at around 80 years old and does he remember the Book Store and the gun book?
Why would he? And more importantly, why would I?

No comments: