Thursday, December 15, 2022

MAD again

Posted on Facebook 5 years afo: I picked up our mail at the post office yesterday. While walking to the car I was flipping through the envelopes and magazines to see what all we had. A Christmas card from my fellow comicbook connoisseur Par stood out. It stood out because in the place of a Christmas stamp or any kind of regular postage stamp was a postage stamp duplicating the cover of a MAD's paperback of years ago, INSIDE MAD. (see picture). I made a pedestrian U-turn on the sidewalk. I heard of people ordering stamps with their favorite photograph of pets or children. That must have been what Par did. I was going back inside the post office and ask a window clerk how could I order stamps like this and was it too late for Christmas. As I was walking into the building and flipping through our mail again, I saw that actually the INSIDE MAD picture was the return address on the TOP LEFT side and on the TOP RIGHT side was a Christmas stamp. I U-Turned again. Never mind. Am I MAD INSIDE? What me a dyslexic?

No comments: