Monday, May 16, 2022

Boondocks

I came across this poster on Facebook getting word out that the late Billy Joe Royal would be at Acworth Beach as a regular entertainer on weekends. It reminded me of two or so years before that when one night Billy Joe, me, and a couple others were across the lake at a street that stopped at the lake. We were drinking vodka and some kind of mix, I forgot what. We decided to drive around to the beach and visit the beach hangout. We had to park across the street on a vacant plot of land with a bank at one end. We were in the car mixing more drinks when I saw a flashlight in the dark float in a fast motion manner down the bank.. when it got closer we saw an elderly cop was holding the flashlight. We probably looked like deer caught in headlights. Of course we were under age. He said he was arresting us. He asked for our names,, which he duly noted until he got to me. When I told him my name he asked was I related to Chief Ed Hunter. Yes, he is. My father I said. He let us go with a warning. Whew!

No comments: